Our Engagement party was on Saturday and it was a great way to cheer us up some after the news from Friday. The party started at 2pm, and we had our rehearsal dinner tasting around 11am which meant our minds were focused on other things and we were forced to be happy in between the sadness of finding out the news about our dear friend.
Before I get into the party deets, here is a mini update on Wedding Progress so far:
- I had to reschedule Bridesmaid dress shopping since we will be saying goodbye to our amazing friend this weekend. Please continue to keep us and his family in your prayers.
- We have the photo shoot for our Save-The-Dates schedule or October 18th, so hope for nice weather!
- I think I forgot to mention that we asked my little brother to be our Ring Bearer. Thinking of a way to ask him was actually really difficult. In the end we bought two wrestling action figures and I put a small banner in between them that said “be our ring bearer?”, he said yes 🙂
- We also asked my dear friend, Lauren, to be our Program Attendant. We aren’t going to have ushers, so Lauren will be greeting everyone, telling them they may sit anywhere, and handing out our programs. Thanks, Lauren!
- Dave met with the venue on Friday and took pictures of everything so we can start planning out every detail. I am so excited to be actually planning for an actual place at this point!
- My parents and Dave also met with the caterer on friday evening while I was in a car for 12 hours driving from Chicago. They all agreed that the food was amazing, and we have decided to go with a buffet vs family style dining.
So now the exciting part…the Engagement Party! Our Bridesmaid, Kaity did a wonderful job planning and hosting our party. Everything was covered in Fiesta decorations, bright colors and margaritas, there was also a sombrero full of Guacamole, so that was awesome. The weather was also incredibly perfect, 81 on a late September day? I’ll take it!
We spent the day with our friends and family celebrating what is yet to come for Dave and I and it was great to have some of the wedding party get to know each other. We were also able to start talking about future parties before our wedding. The best way to show you all of the fun moments is through pictures so without further ado, here’s to many more celebrations, days with friends, DIY dates and a wedding that is just 263 days away!